Vegans rejoice! This creamy and savory queso dip is made even better with the addition of garlicky and spicy vegan kimchi. It’s amazing served with crackers, crudite, tortilla chips and much more. If you’ve never tried cheese and kimchi together, here is your chance!
Vegan Kimchi ‘Queso’
Recipe and Photography by Sam Burgess
CHI Kitchen Foods
Prep Time: 5 minutes
Cook Time: 25 minutes
Servings: 4-8 (4 cups of ‘queso’)
- 2 cups Russet potatoes, peeled and diced (12 ounces)
- 1 cup carrots, peeled and diced (4-½ ounces)
- ½ cup nutritional yeast
- ½ cup water
- ⅓ cup extra virgin olive oil
- 1 tablespoon freshly squeezed lemon juice
- ½ teaspoon kosher salt
- ½ teaspoon garlic powder
- ½ teaspoon onion powder
- 1 cup CHI Kitchen Vegan Kimchi, chopped finely (8 ounces)
- ¼ cup scallions, sliced, for garnish
- Tortilla chips, crudités, potato chips, or pita bread, for serving
- In a medium saucepan, combine potatoes and carrots and add cold water until just covered. Bring to a boil and cook until the potatoes and carrots are soft, about 20 minutes.
- Drain the vegetables and add them to a blender or food processor. Add nutritional yeast, water, extra virgin olive oil, freshly squeezed lemon juice, kosher salt, garlic powder, and onion powder. Blend until very smooth.
- Add chopped kimchi and pulse until just combined, there should still be texture from the kimchi. Place in a serving bowl and top with sliced scallions.
- Serve with tortilla chips, crudités, potato chips, or pita bread. Enjoy while warm!
- Keep the leftovers in a sealed container in the fridge for about 4-5 days. You can also freeze them if desired. Reheat in a saucepan and add some water if necessary.
- The queso can be used to make pizza, lasagna, mac and cheese or any other recipe that calls for queso/cheese sauce.
Follow along with our delicious recipes and bring Chi Kitchen to your kitchen!