These Korean-inspired vegetable rice bowls are the definition of customizable and delicious! A variety of cooked elements served on rice with a fried egg, this makes the prep easy with everything else roasted together on a sheet pan. Spicy, colorful, and satisfying- make sure you don’t skip on the sauce!
Sheet Pan Vegetarian Bibimbap
Recipe and Photography by Sam Burgess
CHI Kitchen Foods
Prep Time: 25 minutes
Cook Time: 25 minutes
- 2 tablespoons soy sauce
- 2 tablespoons toasted sesame oil
- 1 tablespoon brown sugar
- 1 tablespoon garlic, minced
- 1 pound RI Mushroom Co. Cremini Mushrooms, quartered
- 8 ounces carrots (2 each), peeled and sliced ¼” thick
- 1 bunch scallions (8 each), sliced into 1 inch pieces
- 1 cup frozen shelled edamame
- 4 ounces kale (5 cups), chopped
- Vegetable oil, as needed
- Kosher salt, to taste
- 2 tablespoon gochujang (Korean pepper paste)
- 1 tablespoon brown sugar
- 1 tablespoon toasted sesame seeds
- 1 tablespoon toasted sesame oil
- 1 tablespoon water
- 1 teaspoon rice vinegar
- 1-½ teaspoons garlic, minced
- 4 eggs, 1 for each bowl
- 4 cups steamed rice
- 8 ounces CHI Kitchen Sesame Slaw
- 2 radishes, sliced
- Preheat the oven to 400F degrees. In a large bowl, combine soy sauce, 2 tablespoons toasted sesame seed oil, brown sugar, minced garlic, and a pinch of salt. Slice the RI Mushroom Co Crimini mushrooms into halves or quarters, depending on size, and toss with the marinade until evenly coated. Spread onto half of a parchment-lined baking sheet.
- Prepare remaining vegetables including carrots, scallions, edamame, and kale. Toss each vegetable with about a teaspoon of oil and a light sprinkle of kosher salt before placing onto the sheet pan with the mushrooms. Place the chopped kale on a separate sheet pan, since it will roast faster than the other vegetables.
- Place the two sheet trays into the preheated oven. Cook the kale for about 8 minutes, or until crispy. Cook the mushrooms and other vegetables for about 20 minutes, stirring halfway at 10 minutes, until the mushrooms are browned and the carrots are tender-crisp.
- Meanwhile, in a small bowl, combine the gochujang, brown sugar, toasted sesame seeds, 1 tablespoon toasted sesame seed oil, water, rice, vinegar, and minced garlic. Stir well to combine; set aside.
- Remove the vegetables from the oven. In a non-stick skillet over medium heat, add 1 tablespoon of vegetable oil and carefully crack four eggs into the pan. Cook until the whites are firm but the yolk is still runny, about 3-4 minutes. Set aside.
- Place the steamed rice into a bowl and place a fried egg in the center. Arrange the CHI Kitchen Sesame Slaw, roasted mushrooms, assorted vegetables, and sliced radish. Top with the prepared Bibimbap sauce. Mix the ingredients well in the bowl and enjoy!
- If you want to swap out any of these vegetables, feel free to try with roasted fennel, beets, tomatoes, red onion, and much more! Just make sure the vegetables aren’t sliced too small where they won’t overcook. Leftovers work great too-make it yours!
- Make the dish vegan by omitting the fried egg!
Follow along with our delicious recipes and bring Chi Kitchen to your kitchen!